Language used for the training and materials: German (support language – English)
Teachers of any subject (Science, Arts, PSHE, PE, ICT), Private or Public Organisation Staff, Teacher Trainers.
Description of the training event
This course is mainly intended for participants with minimum A2 – level of German. It follows a functional approach and it provides participants with a variety of real-life situations in which they can practice their speaking, reading, writing and listening. Classes will ensure high student-teacher interaction with a focus on active speaking. The lessons will be run in a dynamic and interactive way. The cultural trips will complement the theoretical input by exercising speaking skills in group activities.
Each day focuses on easy-to-follow activities related to most important vocabulary covering main areas of life:
- Food and Drinks
- Free time, hobby
- Daily routine
- Work, Profession
Relevant grammatical structures will be systematically presented and practiced throughout the course along with specific vocabulary.
- Present and Perfect Tense
- Definite and possessive articles
- Reflexive verbs
- Adjective declination
- to speak with greater confidence and fluency by using an increased vocabulary
- to have a better understanding of main grammatical structures of German
- to use present and perfect tenses
- to practice the four basic skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing;
- to provide digital resources for self learning
- to offer the participants the opportunity to interact with local people in order to solve life related tasks;
The course is intended to be highly practical and provides a variety of activities designed to help attendees progress as fast as possible. Participants will be divided into trans-national working groups. Therefore, by mixing with people from different countries, they will have to use German at all times which will help them develop their speaking skills in a fast rhythm. Moreover, they will be asked to solve tasks which require immersion in the city’s life.
Classes will be held interactively in properly equipped environment, with informative sessions, workshops, and transnational work groups. Participants are expected to play an active role within the training period, contributing to their own communicative skills’ improvement.
At the end of the course the language skills will be assessed according to the Common European Frame.
- Prior to the beginning of the training the participants will be sent the detailed program of the course along with a pre-departure support with the necessary information required to reach destination and to successfully manage within the course period in the new country.
- Participants will be asked to fill in a questionnaire regarding their backgrounds and needs. Questions will refer to their level and experience in learning German and ability to use a computer.
- Minimum knowledge of the course language – A2
Detailed information regarding the programme and preparation for the course will be sent to granted participants.
For the course period participants will need a laptop or a tablet. For more participants from the same school, one laptop for two people may be possible, too.
Our team will assist the participants with necessary information required to reach destination and to successfully manage within the course period in the new country.
Course fee: EUR 80 per day per participant. Organization fee – 25 Euros per person.
We provide 5, 6, 7 and 10 day sessions.
Accommodation, meals, social program are not included in this price. For accommodation, we recommend the most convenient possibilities, but the participants are free to choose.
The opportunities to visit the city and the neighbourhood will be introduced to the participants before the beginning of the course.
For registration please check the sessions below and click HERE.
04.12.2017 – 08/10.12.2017; Konstanz, Germany – held (participants from Hungary, Poland, and Spain)
20.08.2018 -24/26.08.2018; Konstanz, Germany – held (participants from Italy, Lithuania, Poland and Tukey)
05.08.2019 – 09/11.08.2019; Konstanz, Germany – held (participants from Poland )
2.10.2020 – 16/18.10.2020; Konstanz, Germany – postponed
19.07.2021 – 23/25.07.2021; Konstanz, Germany – held online
07.03.2022 – 11/13.03.2022; Konstanz, Germany
23.05.2022 – 27/29.05.2022 Konstanz, Germany
21.11.2022 – 25/27.11.2022 Konstanz, Germany
09.01.2023 – 13/15.01.2023 Konstanz, Germany