English and New Technology
Language used for the training and materials: English
Target Audience: Teachers of any subject (Science, Arts, PSHE, PE, ICT), Private or Public Organisation Staff, Teacher Trainers, Others
Description of the training event
The course takes place in two international cities where English is widely spoken and it is designed for teachers with a low level of English who want to improve their language skills and at the same time to learn how to use new technology in their teaching. It follows a functional approach and it provides participants with a variety of Internet resources which will help them practice their speaking, reading, writing and listening. Each day focuses on a specific topic, a grammar structure and a WEB 2.0 tool. Online resources will complement each unit which is specially designed to combine both traditional and technology-aided activities. In this way not only will the participants improve their level of English but they will also learn how to create and use all the WEB 2.0 tools utilised throughout the course.
- Socialising (Personal Information and Professions, Describing People, Relatives, Personal Feelings),
- Travelling (Places in the City, Weather, Means of Transport),
- Accommodation (Types of Hotels, Booking, Facilities, Conditions),
- Shopping (Shops, Goods, Payment, Complaints),
- Food and Drinks (Healthy Diet, Restaurants, Menu, Prices).
- Work (Professions, Working Hours, Commuting)
Relevant grammatical structers will be systematically presented and practiced throughout the course along with specific vocabulary.
- Present tense (simple and continuous);
- Present perfect and past simple
- Modal verbs
- Plural of nouns
- Possessive adjectives and pronouns
- to speak English with greater confidence and fluency
- to have a better understanding of the main grammatical structures of the English language
- to learn how to use WEB 2.0 tools in teaching
- to improve participants confidence in using technology in their classes and their digital literacy
- to use interactive English learning platforms
The course is intended to be highly practical and provide a variety of activities designed to help attendees progress as fast as possible. Participants will be divided into trans-national working groups. Therefore, by mixing with people from different countries, they will have to use English at all times which will help them develop their speaking skills in a fast rhythm. Each day they will experience a WEB 2.0 tool which will be used for both learning the language and for further teaching.
Classes will be held interactively in properly equipped environment, with informative sessions, workshops, and transnational work groups. Participants are expected to play an active role within the training period, contributing to their own communicative skills’ improvement.
At the end of the course the language skills will be assessed according to the Common European Frame.
For registration please check the sessions below and then fill in the form here
11.07.2016 - 15/17.07.2016; Oslo, Norway - held
26.09.2016 - 02.10.2016; Zürich, Switzerland - held
13.02.2017 - 17/19.02.2017; Konstanz/Zurich - held
28.08.2017 - 01/03.09.2017; Oslo, Norway - held
30.10.2017 - 05.11.2017; Konstanz, Germany/Zurich, Switzerland - held
11.12.2017 - 15/17.12.2017; Konstanz, Germany/Zurich, Switzerland - held
04.03.2019 - 08/10.03.2019; Konstanz, Germany - held
04.11.2019 - 08/10.11.2019; Valletta, Malta - held
02.11.2020 - 06/08.11.2020; Valletta, Malta
01.11.2021 - 05/07.11.2021; Valletta, Malta