Language used for the training and materials: German
Target Audience: Teachers of any subject (Science, Arts, PSHE, PE, ICT), Private or Public Organisation Staff, Teacher Trainers
Description of the training event
This course is mainly intended for real beginners with minimal knowledge of German who can communicate in limited capacity. It follows a functional approach and it provides participants with a variety of real-life situations in which they can practice their speaking, reading, writing and listening. Classes will ensure high student-teacher interaction with a focus on active speaking. There will be 6 lessons per day run in a dynamic and interactive way. The cultural trips will complement the theoretical input by exercising speaking skills in group activities.
Each day focuses on easy-to-follow activities related to most important vocabulary covering main areas of life:
- Socializing (Personal Information, Describing People, Family),
- Traveling (Places in the City, Means of Transport),
- Work, Profession
- Free time, hobby
- Daily routine
- Shopping (Shops, Goods, Payment, Customer service),
- Food and Drinks (Healthy Diet, Restaurants, Menu, Prices)
Relevant grammatical structures will be systematically presented and practiced throughout the course along with specific vocabulary.
- Personal pronouns
- Present Tense
- Modal verbs
- Possessive articles
- Past Tenses
- to speak with greater confidence and fluency with an increased vocabulary about everyday events
- to have a greater understanding of the main grammatical structures of German
- to use present and past tenses
- to practice the four basic skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing;
- to build up trainees' confidence and provide them with language resources and hands on activities related to the topics of the course
- to offer the participants the opportunity to interact with local people in order to solve life related tasks;
The course is intended to be highly practical and provides a variety of activities designed to help attendees progress as fast as possible. Participants will be divided into trans-national working groups. Therefore, by mixing with people from different countries, they will have to use German at all times which will help them develop their speaking skills in a fast rhythm. Moreover, they will be asked to solve tasks which require immersion in the city’s life and ask local people for information: hotels, shops, directions on the map, touristic attractions, tickets fare, and means of transport timetables etc.
Classes will be held interactively in properly equipped environment, with informative sessions, workshops, and transnational work groups. Participants are expected to play an active role within the training period, contributing to their own communicative skills’ improvement.
At the end of the course the language skills will be assessed according to the Common European Frame.
- Prior to the beginning of the training the participants will be sent the detailed programme of the course along with a pre-departure support with the necessary information required to reach destination and to successfully manage within the course period in the new country.
- Participants will be asked to fill in a questionnaire regarding their backgrounds and needs. Questions will refer to their level and experience in learning English and ability to use a computer.
- Minimum knowledge of the course language – A1/A2
04.12.2017 - 08/10.12.2017; Konstanz, Germany/Zurich Switzerland held (participants from Poland, Hungary and Spain)
20.08.2018 -24/26.08.2018; Konstanz, Germany/Zürich, Switzerland
05.08.2019 - 09/11.08.2019; Konstanz, Germany/Zurich, Switzerland
We organize sessions upon requests with minimum 5 participants.
For pre-registration click here